The University of Auckland's Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, in partnership with Vector, is hosting Auckland's first ever Climathon! A 24 hour global ideas hack, the event will take place simultaneously in over 233 cities worldwide. Climathon was designed by Europe’s largest public-private innovation partnership focused on climate change,
known as Climate-KIC.
Take part in this large scale international programme to bring to life innovations and solutions to climate change issues.
The Auckland Climathon will be held over 24 hours from Friday night, 27th October to Saturday night, 28th October.
Students, staff, and the greater Auckland community are invited to participate (we’ll let you sleep, we promise!).
We'll keep you fed, inspired and ready for action. This is a free event, thanks to the generosity of our sponsor Vector.
Registrations for Climathon Auckland have now closed.
How Climathon Works
What you can expect during the 24 hour event
Friday - 5-11pm (Registrations at 5 for 6pm start)
Saturday - 8am - 8pm
Why take part in Climathon?
· Bring to life solutions or innovations for climate change issues
· Get a taste for what it is really like to build a start-up or commercialise an idea
· Test your idea to see if it has viability
· Find partners and co-founders equally passionate about your idea!
· Test yourself to see if entrepreneurship, innovation, or building a start-up is for you
· Network and meet likeminded people from a variety of industries who are equally passionate about start-ups and/or solutions to climate change!
· Develop skills in design led thinking by applying it to a real life experiment
· Upskill in lean start-up methodology, and practise lean principles on your Climathon idea
· Surround yourself and network with our expert mentors in design led thinking, lean start-up, climate change and sustainability
· The winners of the Auckland Climathon event will receive follow up support and mentoring to develop their idea into a venture. This follow up support will be tailored to the needs of the venture, and will be delivered by Akina, or another provider.
How to Climathon
Deep South Challenge
fresh fish studio
Smith & Wild
Sustainable Business Network