Create & Test Solutions In 24 Hours
If you have an idea to reduce carbon emissions, build resilience to climate change in Wellington, or want to use your skills on projects that can, register for Climathon.
The green growth economy (valued at NZ$6 trillion in 2009) presents a huge opportunity for New Zealand. Climathon is a fast paced, global, 24 hour challenge where you will be part of a small and talented group taking an educated approach to creating and testing ideas to reduce carbon emissions and create a more climate resilient Wellington.
You Will Have
Expert design thinking and startup coaches to help you get the most out of the 24 hours.
Industry and knowledge leaders in the space to call on.
The latest information and science at your fingertips.
Prizes to support new ideas to progress include;
$6000 in research funding,
A place in the Victoria Uni Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (valued at over $7500).
Support to apply for $5000 of Deep South Challenge Funding.
Workshops with professional business advisors to progress your idea.
This challenge is perfect for people from all sectors who enjoy creating solutions to complex challenges that have potential for huge positive impacts, here in Wellington and abroad.
Our goal is to support you to make this city of ours even better. You will be fed, there will be massage therapists on site and even a yoga session to keep your brain in peak flow. If you have ideas or want to offer your skills to be a part of this small and specialised group, register now.
Create solutions to...
How Climathon Works
What you can expect during the 24 hour event
The National Library
Is the venue for this years Climathon Wellington
A beautiful space with perfect facilities for creating and testing ideas.
Why take part in Climathon?
· Bring to life solutions or innovations for climate change issues
· Test your idea to see if it has viability
· Find partners and co-founders equally passionate about your idea
· Test yourself to see if entrepreneurship, innovation, or building a start-up is for you
· Network and meet likeminded people from a variety of industries who are equally passionate about start-ups and/or solutions to climate change
· Develop skills in design led thinking by applying it to a real life experiment
· Get a taste for what it is really like to build a start-up or commercialise an idea
· Upskill in lean start-up methodology, and practise lean principles on your Climathon idea
· Surround yourself and network with our expert mentors in design led thinking, lean start-up, climate change and sustainability
· The winners of the Wellington Climathon event will receive follow up support and mentoring to develop their idea into a venture. This follow up support will be tailored to the needs of the venture.
For the last three years, Victoria University of Wellington and Wellington City Council
have joined forces to bring you the Climathon in Wellington.
Victoria University of Wellington
Sustainability and Resilience Research Theme
Wellington City Council
Climate Change Strategy
Transforming how the world does business.
MOTIF drive revenue, market growth and resilience by creating growth strategies and business models that build trust, respect and loyalty from stakeholders.
They work with the leaders of ambitious companies who are looking to make well-informed strategic decisions that have a positive global impact.
When people connect, the world changes.
EXP's projects are wide ranging, multi-faceted and often haven’t been done before. Whatever your challenges or opportunities, they can help you build and execute effective strategies.
Ants and Silvia from EXP have been involved in the Climathon since it first began in 2015, pulling together an amazing experience in a few short weeks that was easily the best Climathon event in the world.